Hassman Research Institute Seeks to Fill New Sales Director Position
Located on a large campus in Berlin, New Jersey, Hassman Research Institute (HRI) is a leading clinical research organization with over 35 years of experience conducting clinical trials in a wide variety of therapeutic areas.
We are looking for an experienced Director-level sales person who will identify new research studies/trials that can be executed at our site. The position can be remote, with regular visits to the Berlin facility to meet with leadership as needed.
The Sales Director for Business Development (BD) is responsible for identifying, targeting, and closing new business opportunities through proactive sales activities. This key member of the team will drive new and repeat business by building high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a plan to drive long term revenue growth
• Identify and secure new research/clinical studies through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities to facilitate new business
• Drive new business results through strategic business plan activities and relationship management, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty
• Maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities and accounts
• Identify new accounts and new contacts
• Report regularly to senior management and functional managers as needed
• Research and identify new markets, build relationships, perform in-depth presentations
• Effectively leverage company resources/tools to maximize business results (marketing artifacts, conferences, trade shows)
• Demonstrate accountability on all business development administrative tasks (CRM utilization, weekly reports, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years Business Development experience, preferably in B2B sales in a Pharmaceutical company or Clinical Research Organization (CRO), or Biotech company
• In-depth knowledge of clinical trials is heavily preferred
• Demonstrated ability to create new opportunities, develop effective selling messages, presentations and proposals
• Proven track record of meeting sales targets
• Expertise in creating, driving, and executing solutions by defining all elements from strategy to implementation
• Strong knowledge working with CRM tools/platforms (preferably Salesforce)
• Proven track record developing new contacts
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Bobbie Theodore, M.S.